1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

90% of Unity Scripts Ruined in Worlds - Expand the Whitelist

Discussion in 'General' started by Turbosaur, May 16, 2018 at 3:30 AM.

1. Turbosaur

Turbosaur New Member

VRChat:
    protoplasmic-slime
    Yes, this is exactly how it looks like. Using any asset that involves a script - even a simple rainfall script - get ruined by the VRChat SDK. Importing it from the Asset Store, which I'm sure is a reliable source, doesn't fix the problem. Effects, animations, anything. If it has a script, consider it not fit for VRChat. Now I know about the way some people (I'm not going to say names, but they popped in your mind didn't they?) who abuse the SDK using custom scripts, but at least let the Asset Store scripts be allowed. Having to replicate an entire liquid physics asset manually in Unity with the little amount of tools available kind of takes the fun away from development.

2. Lakuza

Lakuza Member

unlikely to happen anytime soon, since their focus right now is testing playmaker (since not all of playmaker will be allowed) which will give us more options in future.

Turbosaur and k0nest like this.