1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing Anime Theater

Discussion in 'Events' started by Tupper, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    "That Pool" Anime Theater Memorial Theater
    Anime Theater is an informal event that I've been holding since 5.6 dropped a bit ago. Basically, we watch anime on a SyncVideo panel in a room I made. For the time being, we're using an adapted version of the "That Pool" public level, of which I'm also the author.

We are now using a modified version of the Moriya Shrine level that I recently brought into VRChat. It is much larger, has tiered seating, and the lighting setup is far more favorable for viewing.

If you are interested, join the VRChat Anime Discord, and type "+iam AnimeTheater" in any chat channel to receive notifications. You can make suggestions via this link, and chat about the suggestions in the #anime-theater channel.

Schedule

• Tuesday/Wednesday, ~9:30PM EST - 3 episodes of whatever series we're on
    • Friday, ~10PM EST - Movie night! This will often be delayed to let people finish up What's In The Box, which typically runs from 9PM-10PM.
    I will alert anyone with the AnimeTheater role via a @mention an hour before we start. 15 minutes before start time, I will ping again to let people know to join on me. 5 minutes out, I'll give a final warning.

It is easiest to add me as a friend on VRChat so that you can join the Theater easily!

Currently:

Current Series
    Kemono Friends is showing episodes 7-9 on Tuesday, 19 Dec 2017 at 9:30PM EST (2:30AM GMT). We will finish up the series on Wednesday with the remainder of the episodes at the same time.

Current Movie
    CHRISTMAS MOVIE TIME! Tokyo Godfathers will show at 10PM EST on Friday, 22 Dec 2017 (Sat, 23 Dec 2017 at 3AM GMT)

Finished Series
    • Nichijou
    • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    • Made in Abyss S01
    Finished Movies
    • Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone
    • Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance
    • Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo
    • Koe no Katachi
    • Kimi no na wa
    Dropped Series
    • Konasuba - Stopped after S01E03. May potentially restart in the future.

#1 Tupper, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    Reformatted the post a bit, updated our finished/dropped series. We're watching a "classic" tonight, FLCL!

Additionally, providing that I can get baking to behave, we should have a freshly lighting-renovated Theater with real-time ambient screen lighting, courtesy of help from TCL and DigitrevX. Look for massive renovations to That Pool Anime Theater coming soon!

3. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    Instead of renovations, we've moved! That Pool Anime Theater Memorial Theater is our new Mother Base. It is a map based on the Moriya Shrine map I brought in a few days ago. We have proper tiered seating, baked lighting that stays out of the way, and tons tons TONS of room.

If you have suggestions for additions to the room, please post it here!

Aev and desunesu like this.
  4. Aev

Aev The Guy
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Aev
    Had some ideas for making the spawn area interesting, here's a rough idea of what I'm thinking:

[​IMG]

desunesu likes this.
  5. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    I really like this idea, but the new theater is quite wide-open. You'll see it tonight. :D

That being said, we do need a new area for the posters... right now, they aren't in the map.

desunesu likes this.
  6. Aev

Aev The Guy
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Aev
    I won't see it tonight because of work, but I wish I could! The layout could be anything really, I mostly just want to preserve the rules and posters while adding a low-poly avatar for people to use.

7. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    The posters aren't in, but I'll migrate them over once I have more time to work on the level.