1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Anthropomorphic avatars to Unity?

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by TioMegamanX, Jan 4, 2020.

1. TioMegamanX

TioMegamanX Member

I have been getting the usual furry and anthropomorphic avatar commissions but so far I have only made models, since I need to expand my portfolio a little I am working on a few generic avatars to include on my VRChat repertoire for easy access and I want to put them in game as well, there is only one thing I would like to know, what kind of rig do I pick on Unity when importing the rigged model? mostly because the legs would be the usual double joint most animal-like characters tend to have, is there any particular process I have to follow?

Thanks.

2. LizzyKoopa

LizzyKoopa New Member

VRChat:
    chainedkitty
    You can stick with the humanoid function, it all really comes down to the fact of bone names and their working when rigging comes in for the sdk.
    I have a few characters i have done with digi legs and my method was trial and error.
    for some characters i would select a bone i felt helped parent the walking animation like the thigh etc.

But if you find yourself still not liking the outcome of your creations certain movements based on how different from humanoid it is, then you can always create custom character animations and import them in place of the default ones of vrchats.

found myself having to do this for a few characters where they where not humanoid in the slightest so to counter act this i just created multiple animations to fit the character how i best thought it should move when used.

hope this makes any kinda of help.

TioMegamanX likes this.
  3. Ankhean

Ankhean New Member

That slakes my curiosity about how I would go about making a head crab avatar or something like that. Soulds like a lot more work, but if you're making your own avatars to begin with, complicated and tedious work is not a problem for you.