1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by StellarGames118, Jun 13, 2019.

1. StellarGames118

StellarGames118 New Member

VRChat:
    StellarGames118
    Alright, so I am planning on getting VR in the near future, and I really want to make myself a custom avatar. I recently downloaded a 3D model of the Scout from TF2, and when I tried using CAT in Blender, the textures seriously glitched out, making the eyes blue and red, and the rest of the body a shade darker. any fix for this, or can anyone fix it for me? I am really confused.... I even tried to extract the file from the actual game, to no success too.

2. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    Got a screenshot of before/after CATS, maybe? CATS can act strangely on some models since I think it was made for converting MMD models; at least the "Fix Model" button.

Wondering if there might be some extra textures in the materials that aren't assigned to affect the proper things maybe.

3. StellarGames118

StellarGames118 New Member

VRChat:
    StellarGames118
    Before CAT:
    upload_2019-6-15_10-53-20.png

After CAT:
    upload_2019-6-15_10-54-18.png

I also noticed if i hit Ctrl + Z to undo, this happens:
    upload_2019-6-15_10-55-6.png

That is somewhat how it's supposed to look

4. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    Without the model to mess around with it's hard to say for sure, but the colors look correct at least. I'm betting that there is a mesh that's normally invisible that is being made visible when you Fix Model.

You can separate by materials, either with CATS or blender, then try selecting the eyes and hit H to hide the selected thing. If my guess is correct you should see the real eye behind the mesh that was hidden. If so you can just delete those extra parts of the mesh that you don't need.