1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Boosting VRChat performance?

Discussion in 'General' started by TJ Studio, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TJ Studio

TJ Studio New Member

VRChat:
    TJ Studio
    Hey guys.

I'm planning to get Oculus rift later as my first VR headset. But my graphics card + CPU is only decent, so it might run VRChat a little slow when it comes to keyboard and mouse and VR. So I was wondering if there any way to boost the performance for this? I was hoping for a unity like menu when I start up VRChat. (Because duh. VRChat is made with Unity!) But I think it was removed tbh. So is there any other way to boost the performance of the game?

2. TJ Studio

TJ Studio New Member

VRChat:
    TJ Studio
    Hello? Am I alone with no one to help here?

3. Chikosei

Chikosei Member

VRChat:
    Chikosei
    Personally what I'd do if you're running on a decent computer is make sure that you don't have multiple background apps running (duh, cause that would cause your pc to perform multiple tasks).

on task manager do also check the processes of your computer before you start up VRChat, see if there are any apps using up or chewing up your CPU, and end them if there are.

Another way of course is purchasing a better graphics card and CPU so as every once in a while tidy up your PC and maintain it by cleaning the dust off it.

4. Mr.Crane

Mr.Crane Member

Overclock one core to <5GHz and cross your fingers that the drawcalls are processed on that core.
    The only way to optimize that game is for the devs to switch to Unity 2018. Only DX12/Vulcan and better scaling over more cores will improve the framerate.