1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Avatars Cats Blender Plugin (0.11.2)

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tools' started by GiveMeAllYourCats, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hotox

Hotox Member

VRChat:
    Hotox
    Hey there, Tupper!
    Thank you, it's great to hear feedback from you again.

The way to detect if Dynamic Bones could be a problem is a pretty good idea. But I dislike the idea showing warnings permanently. But I will definitely try it out. In my opinion this should be a warning in the VRCSDK as it actually can detect Dynamic Bones unlike Cats.

About Blender 2.8 I have followed its development pretty closely. But currently the API is not yet final. So it wouldn't make sense to port over plugins yet. Blender 2.8 will release in early 2019 and it will be feature complete at the end of october this year which will probably also be the point of the API being final. From that point on all the plugins can be updated and having 2 months until release is more than enough.

Yes, not having Blender Render anymore will be a huge change. I'm not sure yet how this will impact the work flow of porting avatars. I have already seen powroupi (mmd_tools dev) discussing the shading issues with others. I'm pretty sure that he will adopt mmd_tools to 2.8 before it's release.

As soon as the API is final I will start working on making Cats compatible with Blender 2.8. I have already tested around with it a bit. Fortunately it does not require a complete UI redesign because it is possible to add it to the same place as in 2.79. That bar on the left is hidden in 2.8 as long as it's unused and it reappears when adding Cats to it. So this is going to stay the same.

I agree that the UI got a bit bloaty, especially in the Model Options. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the Ui, please send them to me!

All in all, Cats will be ready when 2.8 hits and I think that all the other plugins will be ready as well.

Tupper likes this.
  2. PADOORU

PADOORU New Member

VRChat:
    PADOORU PADORUU
    Okay, so here's what I've done. First, I imported a MMD model, which I wanted to change it's head, so I deleted the entire "Head", along with the bone of it, appended the head of another MMD model to it, parented the bones together and binded the textures to "Amature" on Modifiers. After finishing merging bones, decimating and eyes tracking, I put the visemes to the model and exported it as .fbx file. But after I imported my MMD model in Unity and added "Avatar Descriptor" to it, the viseme doesn't seem detect any visemes of my model at all. Can it be fixed? Or did I did something wrong when I appended the "Head?

3. Hotox

Hotox Member

VRChat:
    Hotox
    Did you select Basis on all three shapekeys when creating visemes? Because if the shapekeys are empty, they get deleted on export.

4. shotariya

shotariya Member

VRChat:
    shotariya
    also make sure mesh with shape keyses is under 65k tris, in case mesh will be splitted by unity into 2 parts and shape keyses will be deleted, also this mesh must be named Body and selected in face mesh tab of lip sync

#344 shotariya, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. Bloodlust

Bloodlust New Member

Hi! For some reason when exporting to FBX, the bones such as feet and clothing gone missing and make the model unusable due to humanoid avatar requirement to have feet.
    [​IMG]

6. shotariya

shotariya Member

VRChat:
    shotariya
    So, you can't find feet bones in Unity bones hierarchy? if they still exist there, you can map them by yourself in model Configure window;
    and bones that is not mapped in humanoid rig like clothes doesn't shows up in Configure window

7. danylopez123

danylopez123 New Member

VRChat:
    danylopez123
    I've been thinking, for the next update, how about an option to switch between the new and old translations?
    Because i have noticed something when i was re-making one of my avatars, i went to a MMD Dance world to test a remade and old version i have from the same avatar, from the old version, that was with the old CATS translation, it looked better than the new one.

For example, in the old version, it was something like "Ah" "Your" "There" and "Huh", with that it worked perfectly with that MMD Dance World, but with the new translation "Ah" "Oh" "Ch" and "E" it only worked with "Ah".

I will have to re-name the shape keys if i want to make them work, but im just saying make something to use the old and new translations so i dont have to keep changing the name of the shape keys.

8. Hotox

Hotox Member

VRChat:
    Hotox
    Well switching between them wont work because translating back to japanese and then to english again would probably be horrible. If you mean to just switching those 4 shapekeys back and forth, it would be possible. But I don't want to support those old shapekeys as they are pretty bad and we should get rid of them. The creators of these dance worlds should update their worlds in order to work with the new shapekey names.

9. Kiama

Kiama New Member

VRChat:
    Kiama
    An option in cats to duplicate the shapekeys (new translation or old) to the alternative translation would be useful short term fix

10. Mekiah

Mekiah New Member

I'm having an issue using armature merging and ghost limbs I created.

Basically I had a blender file with a bunch of meshes for making variations of an avatar. On the armature I made ghost arms that go from shoulder to each finger for the sake of mapping those to the arms in unity so that they will not move when in VRChat. The issue I'm having now is that I created a new face on a different avatar and wanted to merge in into this file, but merge armature always deletes these ghost limbs even after unchecking "Remove Zero Weight Bones" in the options. Anything I could do or would this need a patch? Thanks!

11. Hotox

Hotox Member

VRChat:
    Hotox
    I will add a checkbox to keep zero weight bones, I just added it to my todo list. But for now you can put "Root_" in front of all bones that you want to not get deleted.

Mekiah likes this.
  12. wuwu

wuwu New Member

VRChat:
    wuwu
    Hi,I create a model of rigify in blender,but I can't fix model,that display"No mesh inside the armature found"Can you tell me why?

13. PinkieShyApples

PinkieShyApples New Member

Hello, I think I have a problem with the plugin because when I go to optimization in the atlas tab it doesn't say create atlas, it says save atlas to.. (LIKE IN THIS PHOTO HELP PLZ!.png ) do I have to save the atlas somewhere? Or did I do something wrong? I'm watching a tutorial by the user named Xeverian (VIDEO HERE: AT 27:45 IN THE VIDEO IS WHEN HE USED THE PLUGIN) he has been a big help so far but sadly I think he was using an older version of the plugin in his video Plz help if you can, many thx. :)

14. shotariya

shotariya Member

VRChat:
    shotariya
    Hello, this video is outdated, "create atlas" button has been renamed to "save atlas to"

15. PinkieShyApples

PinkieShyApples New Member

Ah okay, well thank you so much for the help, now I've just got to figure out where to save the atlas to one problem down, another one (and maybe many more) to go, my first time trying to make and player model for VRChat doesn't help that I've got learning problems so i don't know what I'm doing 90% of the time. :(