1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom profile picture in the social menu

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by K.T., Jan 17, 2018.

1. K.T.

K.T. New Member

VRChat:
    K.T.
    I have a question about profile picture. I know it shows the last avatar picture you use in the game, but sometime i see people with custom screenshots. So i guessed they put some jpg/png before the character when they upload character. But when i tried to simply put screenshot in Unity with "new UI>image" and press build control panel the profile camera don't see this image and only see avatar. So yeah, would anyone please tell me how you set this kind off "custom avatar picture" in Unity.

2. Unyuho

Unyuho Member

VRChat:
    Unyuho
    Easy done, when you are in the Upload(with Name, Description and the checkboxes) switch to scene.
    There add a simple 3d Plane object. Then create a simple material, put in the texture(image) you want.
    Plaster that material on the plane and then adjust the camera.

GREENCAT and -Fizz- like this.
  3. -Fizz-

-Fizz- Member

VRChat:
    -Fizz-
    I actually just use a second object of the avatar with the pose I want it to have on the screenshot. During the upload process I hide the actual avatar and show the posing one in front of the camera.

If you actually just want to use a picture you can add a plane object to the scene and create and assign a new material with the picture that you want to use as the texture. Make sure to use the Unlit/Texture shader or else you might have unwanted reflections on the plane.

/edit: Oh well, I got beat to it :p

GREENCAT and Unyuho like this.