1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Sitting Animation

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Svahnong, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Svahnong

Svahnong Member

VRChat:
    Svahnong
    How on earth do you create a custom sitting animation? I've looked all over the web, and no one seems to know the answer, or ask the question. It's not in the "CustomOverrideEmpty" list, and the Avatar Descriptor asks for a Animation Override Controller, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I have to do to make that work. Is it just not currently possible? I really want to know since I've so far been trying to get this to work for roughly two days. I don't even care if the answer is no, I just want an answer at this point.

2. Jayssen

Jayssen New Member

VRChat:
    Jayssen
    Bump!
    I have the exact same issue. There are TONS of tutorials for about anything you can do with custom avatars but I have yet to find one that explains sitting animations override. So if anybody has some knowledge to share here it would be much appreciated :)

3. Svahnong

Svahnong Member

VRChat:
    Svahnong
    Looks like nobody knows. No one even seems to know if it's possible. This is starting to get pretty annoying.

4. Saintrl

Saintrl Member

VRChat:
    Saintrl
    You give up much too fast, it is definitely possible. I've seen people do it, but I've been told it's a lot of work. It's more than just grabbing an animation and just plugging it in somewhere. But it's been awhile since I remember asking someone experienced in VRChat about it. I tried to do a custom sitting animation when I first started messing around with models but I gave up after awhile because I don't know how to program stuff.

5. Jayssen

Jayssen New Member

VRChat:
    Jayssen
    After some tests I think I figured it out. The CustomOverrideEmpty is actually what you should put in the Custom Sitting Anims slot of the Avatar Descriptor. Then you just need to override the IDLE animation with your custom sitting animation and that's all! You can also overrride all the other animations in the CustomOverrideEmpty if you want to have different gestures when you're seated for example.

#5 Jayssen, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. Svahnong

Svahnong Member

VRChat:
    Svahnong
    Finally an answer! Thank you! And BTW Saintrl, I didn't give up, I just started to wonder if it's even possible since no one seemed to know.