1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

CyanLasar Archery Prefabs Help

Discussion in 'World Building' started by KKlouzal, Oct 3, 2019.

1. KKlouzal

KKlouzal New Member

I can't seem to find much information regarding the Archery Prefabs created by CyanLasar. The included readme file explains how the prefabs work but not how to get them to work.

I've imported the assets into unity and placed the prefabs in my world however the bows appear to be broken. Only the arrow shows up in-game and the bow is invisible. You can pick the bow up but the arrow will stay in it's original location. Firing the bow multiple times just pushes this single arrow across the ground.

Long story short, it's either broken or I've not set things up properly.

I got the popup box allowing me to add the 3 layers for the addon. The readme file talks about 3 dependencies, specifically "Standard Assets" "Cameras" and "Utility". I was able to find Standard Assets but got no clue about Cameras and Utility.

These dependencies seem like a good starting point to figure out what's going wrong.

Finally the version I was able to download is marked as "v1.1 2018-09-10" and i'm also wondering if this is the latest version or not?

Thank you for all your time and help I really appreciate it.

2. Iwannalookatattachments

3. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    Do any of the objects have scripts on them that show as missing? Wondering if you may need to import Standard Assets as well from the Unity Store. Not 100% sure on how it works, TBH; never used it.