1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Worlds Dance Pads

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tools' started by Splinks, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Splinks

Splinks Member

VRChat:
    Splinks
    After many weeks banging my head,
    I cracked the code of the witchcraft that is going on in that MMD Dance world!

The secret is needing Final IK sadly.
    But if you do have Final IK, I have made a prefab for anyone to enjoy adding their own dance triggers to their worlds. You can get the prefab in the link down below
    https://github.com/splinks/Vrchat-Dance-Pad

Here's a preview of what to expect

Hope you all enjoy :3

#1 Splinks, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Mr.Crane, Highom and VectorSix like this.
  2. VectorSix

VectorSix New Member

VRChat:
    VectorSix
    So if we have multiple pads and dances we just have to add this new component right?

[​IMG]

3. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar New Member

so i have to buy Final IK to get the head to move with the body?

4. Splinks

Splinks Member

VRChat:
    Splinks
    ??? if you're referring to what I think you're referring to then that's just a rigging problem. You need thumbs. index fingers, and middle fingers to be rigged onto your avatar in order to have proper fullbody ik movement. Best way to test if you have it right is make your character do a backflip and see if the head stays stationary

5. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar New Member

this thing you did is amazing btw, thank you for the sharing it with us. i haven't purchase the "final IK" from the store at unity yet.
    but yes my avatars are fine, is just than when i try it in my world the body dances but the head stays in place as the rest of the body dances, that goes with any avatar i try to dance with it.

6. Splinks

Splinks Member

VRChat:
    Splinks
    I don't know what else that would be causing that. It still sounds like an avatar rigging issue. sorry mate