1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Did something I don't know about kill most of the Avatar worlds?

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Aeri, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Aeri

Aeri New Member

VRChat:
    Classified
    I haven't signed on in a while prior to today, it feels like a lot of classic worlds are just boop, gone, there was one that had a ton of really great Neptunia Avatars in a showcase and it's gone. Truthfully I don't even know how making one's own VR room _works_ per-se.

2. Jordangerouss

Jordangerouss New Member

VRChat:
    Jordangerouss
    My understanding is that VRChat has recently updated their policy on avatar "optimization" for avatar worlds. I personally think they have been a little heavy handed since in some cases, giving an avatar flowing hair can cause it to become "very poor" and be denied placement in a world.

I am having to either throw away or recreate (from scratch) 90% of my avatars if I want them placed into a world at this point.
    I think many creators are struggling with this at the moment and it will be a while before old classic worlds come back.