1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Disrespect towards users with loud laptops/computers

Discussion in 'General' started by KokoKO, Apr 14, 2018.

1. KokoKO

KokoKO New Member

I feel like most people can't express their anger towards this issue because of the oppression.

The general disrespect to users who don't have amazing gaming technology is honestly disgusting.
    Yes, I have a fast laptop. I'm not going to spend a crap ton of money for a new computer just to play vrchat. This is the only game I play, so it's not worth it, because I have a laptop that is in good condition.
    If a server is laggy, my laptop is fine, but it'll heat up a bit and make a noise.
    I can understand if it bothers people, and if it does, you can just block us, no deal.
    What isn't good is to start making fun of it.
    I've had comments about others saying "it sounds like a turbo" and laughing. It may not be offensive, but if you think that's funny, you should consider that rude. I'm happy that most people don't care and are happy to continue playing, but making fun of people in general is not a good idea, considering mental illnesses are an issue. I've had people follow me and just make rude comments on how slow my walking is. I'm actually pretty fast in most servers, so ones that make me lag are the really laggy ones. What I find is that because of this, people feel scared to play, which means they try to avoid certain servers, which destroys the fun of the game.
    There's also other reasons that others won't be able to buy good technology for games like this. I don't really know them, but money isn't a thing that everyone can access easily. Please take that into consideration the next time you do that.

-Kero

Sakuukuli likes this.
  2. just weeb

just weeb New Member

How about push to talk and noise remover you hillbilly just because you have to crank to power your log doesn't mean anybody has to take care of your feelings, stay with Tumblr if you feel assaulted.

Overlorb likes this.
  3. KokoKO

KokoKO New Member

We have the freedom to do what we want without being made fun of. I'm asking you to be a decent human being, not take care of anybodys feelings.

4. KokoKO

KokoKO New Member

I also know about noise removal, just not on how to do it/add it into vrchat.

5. SamFlynn

SamFlynn Member

VRChat:
    Sam Flynn
    VRChat is obviously not a safe space - this allows a lot of freedom of expression and for people to engage without having to double check themselves with everything they do/say. In saying that, it would be great if everyone was genuinely nice to each other. You do however have a solution that you aren't given in the real world - you can block people. Just keep reminding yourself how sad and boring the lives of others must be that can only feel better themselves by ripping on others. You can't control others. The only thing you can control is how much you get upset by them.

Overlorb and Hickory like this.
  6. Overlorb

Overlorb New Member

VRChat:
    Overlorb
    "We have the freedom to do what we want without being made fun of."

You have the freedom to do what you want and other people have to freedom to do what they want. People not being rude would be nice but it would also be nice to not hear your laptop crying in pain. You have push to talk as an option but refuse to use it so don't be upset when people are getting upset with you for not using it.

7. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

Sorry to hear that people are laughing at the noise - although I'd imagine they're not actually making fun of you, just laughing at the fact that the noise is super loud. I've had this issue myself when using a laptop, and I'd highly recommend using push to talk instead of toggling voice. Just as you're hoping for people to be more respectful about the noise, it's also etiquette to use push to talk if background noise is coming into your mic. So if you're able to use push to talk, people probably will be more patient and accepting that when you talk, they can hear your fans. Otherwise it seems like you're running around with a constant noise in the background, which is considered rude in VRChat.

Sakuukuli likes this.
  8. 3DPD

3DPD New Member

I used to be a laptop guy but for like half the price you can buy an already built desktop from online that's more than twice as powerful than similar priced laptops. Get some kind of cover for your mic meanwhile