1. Hello, Guest! This forum is now read-only. Please move to the VRChat Ask Forums. This site may be eventually removed. Move your threads and content! If you wish to archive information, now's the time to do so. https://ask.vrchat.com/

Does the SDK have to be imported each time I make a new avatar?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SYZekrom, Nov 2, 2018.

1. SYZekrom

SYZekrom New Member

VRChat:
    SYZekrom
    Right now, whenever I upload a model, I open a new project in Unity, drag in the VRCSDK, wait like a full minute for it to import everything, and then I can finally work on it. But if I ever decide to open an old project, it opens right away. No need to re-import the SDK for a full minute. What are you supposed to be doing?

2. Mr.Crane

Mr.Crane Member

You can have as many avatars in the asset window of your project as fit on your disk. Just drag the one you want to uload into the scene.
    Once you have attached the descriptor and did set the position of the VRC cam you can drop it from the hierarchy window back into the assets to make a new prefab for later.
    If you want to upload another avatar just use the same project and open a new scene. That is a whole concept of assets and prefabs in unity. One project and many scenes with the same assets.
    You dont want/need to import all the shaders, props, animations and the SDK for every new scene. Just for a new project. And I would only do that for testing or the beta for example....