1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic bones working only on unity

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by SrPhil, May 6, 2018.

1. SrPhil

SrPhil New Member

VRChat:
    SrPhil
    The whole physics from dynamic bones is not working inside the game, but on unity is working fine.
    Someone know why this is happening?

I will leave the avatar's inspector below
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 SrPhil, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. Ddm5

Ddm5 Member

VRChat:
    Hatsune Miku.
    Do you have the Dynamic bone script on the avatar itself and not setup on the bone on the armature?

SrPhil likes this.
  3. SrPhil

SrPhil New Member

VRChat:
    SrPhil
    Exactly, is that causing this issue?

4. Ddm5

Ddm5 Member

VRChat:
    Hatsune Miku.
    You need to put the script on the hips for instance, exclude the legs and spine (For a skirt setup), this is the only way to get it to work. Place it on the head for the hair, etc.

SrPhil likes this.
  5. SrPhil

SrPhil New Member

VRChat:
    SrPhil
    Thank you so much!! it worked!!

6. AlexTF

AlexTF New Member

VRChat:
    AlexTF
    I've been having the same issue, but nothing seems to be working. I've placed the script in so many different locations with so many different roots , but it hasn't worked once in game. Could I please get some help? I've spent so much time on this...

7. Ddm5

Ddm5 Member

VRChat:
    Hatsune Miku.
    All you have to do is put the dynamic bone script on the bone that you want the be dynamic. If you want hair to be dynamic you put the script on the head bone and then you exclude the eyes and other uneeded parts, that'll give the same values for everything that isn't excluded from the heads script. If you want individual values for hair parts for instance just put it on the specific hair pieces for examples. make sure you add the root bone to the script. If you put the script on the head bone you need to put the head in the root bone.

8. AlexTF

AlexTF New Member

VRChat:
    AlexTF
    I've tried that. Even with premade avatars it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm using an unofficial version of Dynamic bones right now, though I did get it to work in the past. I've tried placing the script on so many different bones that I don't think there's anything I haven't tried.

EDIT: Made a new unity project, it's working now.

#8 AlexTF, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Ddm5 likes this.
  9. SupraLP

SupraLP New Member

VRChat:
    SupraLP
    I'm having the same problem, may I ask, what other Plugins you had installed in that unity project? @AlexTF
    I want to inspect that behavior and find the actual reason.