1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Error uploading custom avatar

Discussion in 'Support' started by SiEgE, Dec 2, 2018.

1. SiEgE

SiEgE New Member

VRChat:
    SiEgE-RS
    That question was probably asked for thousand times already, but still, it keeps coming back.
    Lemme tell you a little bit of backstory, so, maybe, newer thread viewers could relate to the problem abit:
    1. When I found out I can upload my stuff to the VRChat, with SFXes, sounds, custom animations and stuff, I was so hyped.
    I got my Unity 2017 and the newest version of VRCSDK installed and imported. I've opened the top first avatar creating tutorial I saw on Youtube, and after I got it all the way through with the avatar creation, I've got stuck with the avatar uploading.
    2. At that point, I've got the error. It just wouldn't let me through. After some research, I've found out, that I was using the wrong version of Unity, so I've removed it, and got the 5.6.3p1 Personal (64bit) up. I had to repeat the whole tutorial just in case my old avatar could be somehow corrupted after downgrading the Unity version, just in case.
    3. But still, the error kept on appearing. After a slight research, I've found out that you wouldn't be able to upload your stuff until you reach the New User rank. Even though it said in the VRChat Settings that was possible for me to do that.
    I had a Steam account, so I've registered a new VRChat account directly from the VRChat official website, linked it with the Steam account and got it upgraded to the New User rank(just got the email telling me I can now upload my own avatars and worlds).

And now, for the main part - Problem is still there. What I've tried:
    1) Uploading the avatar several times(17 times and counting).
    2) Detaching the Pipeline Manager(5 or 6 times).
    3) Uploading with delays inbetween, to give servers some rest in case they're overloaded.
    4) Reinstalling Unity
    5) Reimporting VRCSDK
    6) Redoing the avatar from scratch
    7) Disabling the Future Proof Publishing
    8) Relogging
    9) Full PC Restart

I have no firewalls nor any kind of internet data blockers. My antivirus is in a disabled state, so It won't be able to recognize Unity app as a threat.
    I have no other critical error messages to be aware of at the Unity app. It just simply won't bother uploading the avatar.
    Right after I set the name and the description for my avatar and press "Upload", it'll stuck in a 0% "Uploading file..." state for 2-3 minutes, and then throw the error afterwards.

I'm kinda baffled with the situation. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention!

Attached Files:

2. SiEgE

SiEgE New Member

VRChat:
    SiEgE-RS
    As a followup. I've found this error message in the status bar. It appears there as soon as I press the "Upload" button:

Asset bundle upload failed: Failed to upload file. (C:/Users/SiEgE/AppData/Local/Temp/DefaultCompany/GordonFreeman/avtr_0b5221e3-0c9d-419d-8d45-95e979f875c5_1_5.6.3p1_1_standalonewindows_Release.vrca) => [id: file_c2aa91a0-78f2-4288-8be5-06db79683860; name: Avatar - GRF - Asset bundle - 5․6․3p1_3_standalonewindows_Release; mimeType: application/x-avatar; extension: .vrca; ownerId: usr_de4a060e-67d3-4261-a079-750381cb1ffc]
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    VRCSDK2.<UploadFile>c__AnonStoreyB:<>m__1(ApiFile, String) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/RuntimeAPICreation.cs:361)
    VRC.Core.ApiFileHelper:Error(OnFileOpError, ApiFile, String, String) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/ApiFileHelper.cs:1420)
    VRC.Core.<UploadFile>c__AnonStoreyA:<>m__15(String) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/ApiFileHelper.cs:857)
    VRC.Core.<uploadFileComponentVerifyRecord>c__AnonStorey17:<>m__0(ApiFile, String) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/ApiFileHelper.cs:1949)
    VRC.Core.ApiFileHelper:CheckCancelled(FileOpCancelQuery, OnFileOpError, ApiFile) (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/ApiFileHelper.cs:1444)
    VRC.Core.<uploadFileComponentVerifyRecord>c__Iterator7:MoveNext() (at Assets/VRCSDK/Dependencies/VRChat/Scripts/ApiFileHelper.cs:1984)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

3. SiEgE

SiEgE New Member

VRChat:
    SiEgE-RS
    ooh, nice! Looks like I'm on the right way!

I found more errors in the Unity logs.

The "Asset bundle upload failed: Failed to upload file" will happen both times it has the Future Proofing ticked, or not, but with no Future Proofing it will fail in attempt to find the "avtr_..._1_5.6.3p1_1_standalonewindows_Release.unitypackage" file in my Users folder.

If I have my Future Proofing checked, it will fail in attempt to upload the file to VRChat's Amazon server:
    PutMultipartDataToURL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.vrch...a2-6529-4118-96a5-b57e3f360590.1.unitypackage
    Request Finished with Error! BeginWrite failure.
    I've tried the link myself, and it seems that I have a decent, direct connection to the said server. The rejection by another server just goes off instantly only for the process of upload.

4. SiEgE

SiEgE New Member

VRChat:
    SiEgE-RS
    There we go. VPN was the answer. My provider blocked off half of the Amazon servers. Wonderful.