1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Girls don't exist in VRChat...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Turbosaur, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Turbosaur

Turbosaur New Member

VRChat:
    protoplasmic-slime
    Often while playing VRChat in a public world, say the Pug or Presentation Room, I'd try to get into conversation with people. Not the "butt-in" or "desperately trying to be relevant" type of conversation, genuine niceness. Get into the essence of the game, the purpose of VRChat - chat, but only to get this:

"LOL R U 13?? GET OFF VRCHAT BEFORE WE TELL YOUR MOMMY"

"So ah... what kinda voice changer you use? Sounds p gud."

"Oh you're seventeen? What's your birthdate?"

"Come on dude, you can tell me if you're a boy. I know you are."

"You're a VRTrap right? heard a lot about you guys!"

Not only me was having this issue, up to 4 other female users - two I'm very acquainted with and often meet in-game at friends only sessions reported the same issue. People keep telling them they're little boys trying to be thirsty, or accuse them of using a voice changer, and it doesn't stop there. We get wrongfully instablocked by people who really think we're below 13 and want to avoid cringe, or those who get mad when we don't come out as guys to them. Don't want to sound like a whiner, but it's kind of a mood wrecker to get slandered just for being born as what others pretend to be.

Are girls not allowed to play VRChat without being solely for entertainment?

skripter and Firestorm185 like this.
  2. Ddm5

Ddm5 Member

VRChat:
    Hatsune Miku.
    Welcome to chat, at the end of the day this type of shit is to be expected. You just need to find the right group at the end of the day.

k0nest likes this.
  3. just weeb

just weeb New Member

Yes, girls are evil leeching monsters just constantly forcing themself in the center of attention girls out of my VRChat

4. G1fan

G1fan New Member

VRChat:
    G1fan
    Some people are just dicks, best thing is to block them and move on :/

5. fare67t

fare67t Member

VRChat:
    fare67t
    Also depends on what kind of avatar your using.
    If your trying to use a tiny little Loli girl avatar, you're more likely to be accused of such, as that's usually a rule of thumb for the Internet: "The sexier the model, the more likely it is to have balls."

For example, I know a girl that uses an avatar of someone like Aqua from Kingdom Hearts, and she doesn't report having this issue; while another friend that loves using Kon from Tokyo Ravens frequently gets called a man.

skripter and Firestorm185 like this.
  6. Lahm

Lahm New Member

They know it'll annoy you and are looking for a reaction, best to just block and move on as there's plenty of other nice people around the place.

7. Lhun

Lhun Member

VRChat:
    Lhun
    Girls are everywhere. I was hanging out in a group of 10+ people last night and 50% were female. VRChat due to it's artistic nature tends to be popular with both genders much like second life is.

skripter likes this.
  8. SamaMamaaaa

SamaMamaaaa New Member

VRChat:
    SamaMamaaa
    No worries about it, not everyone is vrchat will be up tight friendly to begin with. I usually get comments here and there such as “ She’s a trap “ “ Blah Blah “ and you know what I say to just annoy them back? “ Yes, I am “ with enthusiasm Bc I don’t waste my time with trying to be dicks for attention. I’ve played vrchat for quite a while now and only had this problem less than a few times Bc I just usually reply back with sarcasm. But don’t let these people get to you. No matter what age you are, as long as you’re not acting like a douche like majority of younger kids I’ve met and even adults for god sake, you’ll end up making plenty of friends. It just takes time and you have to choose the people you want to hang out with correctly.

Castell likes this.
  9. Ananan

Ananan New Member

Not only in VR but most of the internet, it was probably first to poke fun at the fact that the majority of gamers were men and now it's turned into a false truth.
    Try to ignore it and if they continuously pester you just block them.

10. Firestorm185

Firestorm185 Member

VRChat:
    Firestorm185
    Yeah, it's really really dumb. I'm so sorry you gals are forced to deal with this kind of nonsense. I personally have several female friends
    that I've met only because of VRChat, so I don't personally discriminate here, but I know the broader internet isn't always as kind at first glance. We definitely want you here though @Turbosaur , you're a valuable part of the community, thanks for bringing this to our attention as users.

11. Exlecebra

Exlecebra New Member

Virtual first world problems

12. Auro

Auro New Member

VRChat:
    Auro
    It happens. Kids or just dudes love to troll other people. And everyone just became skeptical of females in VRChat. I seriously wish for that trend to die but it still happens sometimes. Just find people with the right mindset and enjoy yourself.