1. Hello, Guest! This forum is now read-only. Please move to the VRChat Ask Forums. This site may be eventually removed. Move your threads and content! If you wish to archive information, now's the time to do so. https://ask.vrchat.com/

How to Move skirt with legs, walk,run,sit...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nexia, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Nexia

Nexia New Member

Hi, i tried many ways to do this using dynamic bone I googled many ways to do it but I still can figure how to...

This is not my avatar, but found someone with the exact problem... do you know a way to do this ?
    [​IMG]

My legs and skirt have its own bones... I tried constraint but i dont know if i did it correctly

[​IMG]

2. Unyuho

Unyuho Member

VRChat:
    Unyuho
    one way would be:
    -make the skirt bones dynamic bones
    -put colliders on your legs

if setup correctly, the dynamic bones, in the skirt bones, will detect that there are colliders on the legs, and they "collide" with the legs and thus wont go into them.

3. Nexia

Nexia New Member

I tried that, but the legs still go through... do you have any example of values to set ?

4. Unyuho

Unyuho Member

VRChat:
    Unyuho
    just to make sure: did you put the colldiers in the dynamic bones under "Colliders"?
    Otherwise i just put a simple collider on one arm and copied to the other
    Collider.JPG

havent gone beyond that simple setup, hopefully someone else with more experience can solve this, if it persists.

5. Nexia

Nexia New Member

I tried it, followed the video by Tupper in youtube, and the legs go trough, i added tons of colliders with no luck >_<

6. qelly

qelly New Member

VRChat:
    Qelly
    Still no solution?

7. ImLeXxz

ImLeXxz Member

VRChat:
    ImLeXz
    Dynamic bones are fairly bad for collision and dont work too well, it's best using cloth and unity colliders. You can find a tutorial on youtube if you search "Realistic cloth for vrchat"

8. gigna1

gigna1 New Member

Set the skirt dynamic bones' radius to something greater than 0 and freeze the x axis of the dynamic bone strings that's most likely to collide with your legs when you crouch or sit.

9. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    I do something like this. Basically partially weight paint it to the leg, then add 2 dynamic bones with one transform each for a little wiggle. The "poor man's cloth component".