1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing TF2 models with hats/cosmetics

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by werstname, Jan 24, 2019.

1. werstname

werstname New Member

VRChat:
    werstname
    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew how to add items from TF2 onto the the actual TF2 models themselves. I have the models and texures and can import them into unity but i don;t know how to lock them and move them onto the main model. Also when i apply the texture for my model of a hatless scout, everything works but the part of the texture isnt read properly and the eyes get covered up.

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. Zaubervogel

Zaubervogel New Member

VRChat:
    Zaubervogel
    To get the hats working you will need to parent the hat to the head bone in the armature, although this is not ideal and it is best done in blender. In blender depending on whether or not the hat has bones it could be as simple as reparenting the hat bone to the head bone and merging the meshes. As for the textures, the texture may have some alpha intended for the eyes; try using a shader with cutout and see if that fixes your problem.