1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Avatars In-depth guide to animator inventory systems, logic, and syncing! [w/ unitypackage]

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tools' started by RetroGEO, Jan 7, 2019.

1. RetroGEO

RetroGEO New Member

VRChat:
    RetroGEO
    I have made the following tutorial in order to aid in the creation of more advanced and convenient state machines than are currently well-known. Check it out and share if you're so inclined I really appreciate it!
    Here's a link to the assets made in the video:

NOTE ABOUT "SYNC"
    animators are played locally on the client, so there is no sync at all between clients, what makes them "synced" is the inputs coming from scripts (like gestures or emotes) which are networked, so here the main reason to have multiple frames is not because the user could drop some animation frames, but because having them being too fast would cause some people to move to the successive state cause of a delay of the network in turning off the gesture input.
    -Cibbi, comment from the video

2. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar Member

this is great. i want to make a computer screen that every time a person press on the computer, the screen changes to something new, could i used this for that purposed?