1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Interacting with my skirt cloth physics.

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by WanderingYouth, Jul 16, 2018.

1. WanderingYouth

VRChat:
    Mizurahi
    I saw this once a long time ago when I start playing VRChat and was wondering for the longest time on how to implement it myself. I saw a avatar in VRChat that was able to pull up her skirt and hold onto it. I can only assume that this has something to do with rigid bodies, but that's about it.

I know how to add physics to the cloth on my skirt, but I do not know how to interact with it like at the level I mentioned up above.

Does anyone know any hints as how the person I met was able to accomplished this with their avatar?

2. SixStars

SixStars New Member

VRChat:
    SixStars
    Taking a shot in the dark because i also want to experiment with this sort of thing. My idea was too have colliders placed on the tips of the finger bones. So naturally when you squeeze your hand close, the colliders collapse on each other making a "seal"??? So in that thought, by pulling on the cloth it should maybe snap it in your hand and keep it there? I have never tried this but it makes sense. If you have any input let me know! I havn't got around to trying this idea out.

3. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar Member

make sure you click in the area of the collider that say to pull not push, or something like that, i dont remember the exact wording

4. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    first thing that comes to mind would be a couple of half-spheres in your hand. One on the thumb, one on the fingers, positioned so that when you make a fist, they seal. Then add a sphere collider to the end of one of the skirt bones, maybe, small enough to fit inside the half-spheres. Like:

Hand Open: ( O )
    Hand Closed: (O)

Not sure how it'd behave if you're attempting to move the last one in the chain though.