1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE AN AVATAR WITH NO HANDS?

Discussion in 'General' started by paul shipp, Dec 1, 2018.

1. paul shipp

paul shipp New Member

So I've recently acquired an .mmd of my waifu Rin Tezuka who in fact has no hands. I currently play with mouse and keyboard so I thought it might be fitting the she didn't have hands. The skeleton is all rigged up however CATS displays a little message saying "bones missing: left and right wrists". Everything else is in order and I'm just curious if vrchat would accept a model with no hands, only arms.

2. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar Member

you need to do this on blender, it will still need the bones of the hand, but they will not do anything, is call weight painting. get hands in it but take away any weight paint than would affect the areas than are not needed. youtube has great videos on weight painting with blender. thats how i made my ghost avatar with bones but it has not legs.