1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way of uploading an avatar that can play a video?

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Starfrost, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Starfrost

Starfrost New Member

VRChat:
    Starfrost
    Ok, so I'm making an avatar, and I wanted a video to play above its head when I gesture. I had everything working with Video Player components until I found out they weren't allowed on avatars (I only need the video, no audio btw). I imagine there's an easier way than manually creating sprite sheets of every frame in the video and playing it that way.

Thanks for reading,
    Star

EDIT: I managed to do exactly what I wanted more or less by converting the video to a gif, then the gif to a sprite sheet, then using that in a particle system in unity.

#1 Starfrost, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Program likes this.
  2. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar Member

yes there is, but that would mean you need to convert the video into a .gif clip them convert the .gif into a sprite sheet and them use the particle system in unity to play the sprite sheet.