1. Hello, Guest! This forum is now read-only. Please move to the VRChat Ask Forums. This site may be eventually removed. Move your threads and content! If you wish to archive information, now's the time to do so. https://ask.vrchat.com/

issue with unity/SDK unable to log in

Discussion in 'Support' started by honorspren, Feb 28, 2018.

1. honorspren

honorspren New Member

VRChat:
    Honorsprenn
    Hey about 2 weeks ago I started having issues with unity. i'm unable to pull up the vrchatsettings option so i'm unable to access the build manager..

I can see the settings button, and when I click it does nothing, no errors appear on the console - it just does nothing.

I was hoping with the update they did last week that the new sdk version would just work for me, I've created a new project with that sdk version and removed old and tried the new sdk on my older projects, still neither option lets me access the window to log-in.
    has anyone else ran into this? or have any idea what I can try to do to fix?

unity version 5.6.3p1
    SDK version: VRCSDK-2018.02.23.18.45_Public

thanks!

2. honorspren

honorspren New Member

VRChat:
    Honorsprenn
    Update - - i've uninstalled. and re-installed unity completely. removed all versions of the sdk, cleared project folders.. and redownloaded and imported the package again. still unable to even see the settings window. any ideas?

3. ultimabear

ultimabear Member

VRChat:
    flyingfunk
    Strange, i actually didn't try this february sdk. Previous one (i believe it's january) works with me just fine, try use it. Very old sdk wouldn't work, i had problem logging in using 2017 sdks.
    P.S. If it still doesn't work i would check for proxy / firewall stuff.
    P.P.S. Is it "you have to log in to see this window" or you just don't have these windows at all?

#3 ultimabear, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  4. honorspren

honorspren New Member

VRChat:
    Honorsprenn
    thanks for the reply.

i will try an older version of the sdk if i can find one.
    i do get the windows when i try to open the build manager, but it just tells me to log in with vrchat settings.
    its when i try to open vrchat settings that it just sits there, i used gyazo to make a gif but cant post links here it seems ;/

5. Ruby Kazuto

Ruby Kazuto New Member

VRChat:
    Ruby Kazuto
    Hello there i just wanted to ask if there is any solution yet because i have the same issue and i finally want to upload my avatars

~Ruby

6. SeibaOwO

SeibaOwO New Member

VRChat:
    SeibaOwO
    Hello, I'm actually struggeling with the same problem.
    I cant login to the VRchat SDK when I click on "settings".

Error:
    Abandoning request, because: The request timed out.
    https://beta-api.vrchat.cloud/api/1/config?organization=vrchat
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogFormat(String, Object[])
    VRC.Core.APIResponseHandler:RetryRequest(Int32, HTTPRequest, HTTPResponse, ApiContainer, Int32, Boolean, String)
    VRC.Core.APIResponseHandler:HandleReponse(Int32, HTTPRequest, HTTPResponse, ApiContainer, Int32, Boolean)
    VRC.Core.<RetryRequest>c__AnonStorey2C:<>m__54(HTTPRequest, HTTPResponse)
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPRequest:CallCallback()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.ConnectionBase:HandleCallback()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPManager:OnUpdate()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPUpdateDelegator:Update()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

All I tried until now:

Reinstall of unity&vrchat sdk, reinstall on another partition of my HDD,one more reinstall with deleting all cache folders in %appdata% -> Roaming/Local/LocalLow etc..., changing my files with the one of ofter users ( setup.exe of Unity 5.36p1 )...
    Cleaning my registry, using other browsers&internet settings ( because I thought its more like a connection problem )

Have you found any solution or tried somethingelse which may works?

( Just in case, my discord: Seiba#7452 )

- Seiba/Saber

7. Yogoshimo

Yogoshimo New Member

VRChat:
    YogoshimoMoritz
    I am not sure if ill be of any help, yet I have the same problem/ still need help - I think it has something to do with Beta ver. breaking the sdk (reffering to the Beta.api....) - I would suggest to try following VRchat's clearing cache and player pref's - I found the method to do so in the Official VRchat discord, within the #Vrchat support channel. I did complete this method, And it WORKS! - just restart(close off unity) and open it back up once you have followed the list of clearing player prefs, cahce, etc...

(Be sure to replace beta back into release, by changing it in the tab next to USE API)

[7, null, Get, 1] Processing the request Timed Out!
    https://beta-api.vrchat.cloud/api/1/config?organization=vrchat
    null
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    VRC.Core.APIResponseHandler:HandleReponse(Int32, HTTPRequest, HTTPResponse, ApiContainer, Int32, Boolean)
    VRC.Core.<RetryRequest>c__AnonStorey33:<>m__65(HTTPRequest, HTTPResponse)
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPRequest:CallCallback()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.ConnectionBase:HandleCallback()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPManager:OnUpdate()
    VRC.Core.BestHTTP.HTTPUpdateDelegator:Update()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I really dont know what is the issue - I even re-installed the whole program, yet I think its mainly the sdk somehow being in Beta.Ver may had triggered the events leading to this issue -

If that does not work , my apologies then - I was also seeking help unitil it fixed itself at the moment of an accidental restart 0_0