1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Map Making Help and Support

Discussion in 'World Building' started by BlitzGregor, Jun 27, 2018.

1. BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor New Member

This is for anyone who might need help or anyone would like to help me or others in figuring out how to do things in vrchat world building. I understand enough basic mechanics in the vrc sdk but not enough with all these new things I've been seeing around the community.

I've been having trouble figuring out how to:
    1) [Set up a search bar to add url to a vrc sync video player / streamer] > (Resolved)
    2) A value counter that increase the value of a number in a UI text

#1 BlitzGregor, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor New Member

So I figured out how to do my first problem after some messing around and will share how I did it for those curious

I used dog8808 UI prefab: https://vrcat.club/threads/unity-ui-panel.1453/
    and added an InputField

In the top image, I set the InputFields On End Edit to trigger at the VRC syncvideoplayer and set the option to the dynamic string AddUrl
    In the bottom image, I added a trigger component to the vrc syncvideoplayer OnDataStorageChange with action SendRPC to addUrl on itself. You also need to add a VRC_Data Storage (script) and change the first option none to serialize component and direct it at the InputField

When in game all you do is paste any URL into the InputField and press enter
    you might need to hit the next button and then play button to start the new video

This was a BS way that I did and am not fully sure how optimize it is but if anyone has any idea or better way to do it feel free to comment.

Attached Files:

#2 BlitzGregor, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    yi lin likes this.
  3. 3DPD

3DPD New Member

Quick and hopefully simple question, how do you get chairs working?

I literally dragged all the components off the prefab/example chair onto my chair but it doesn't work in vrchat, I can see the chair is highlighted but clicking doesn't seat me. I can click between the prefab chair and my nonfunctional clone and all the component settings are identical. Am I missing something?

Nermind, i found out I can just drag the prefab chairs into my own chair group and turn them invisible to get the same effect

#3 3DPD, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  4. OBSRV

OBSRV New Member

VRChat:
    OBSRV
    Is there an updated tutorial for OnTriggerEnter being activated by a game object vs a player or OnInteract? I want to have a pickup object pass through an invisible cube and make a sound effect, then delete said pickup object. I can't seem to find anything other than OnInteract tuts or outdated reading material. I've made 2 images to help explain some of the things I've tried - any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having fun creating my first world but this is proving to be a big stumbling block for me! VRC GOAL SOUND1.PNG VRC GOAL SOUND2.PNG

5. yi lin

yi lin New Member

Can u upload ur example scene plz, thanks!

6. BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor New Member

So I did something like this where when a player picked up an object and carried it into a zone the object would teleport back to where it spawns. I found a tutorial for this made by Toxijuice.
    I'll attach an image of an example.
    so you set the trigger on the object and use OnEnterTrigger, the trigger zone object is set to the trigger layer.
    when the object hits the trigger zone you want the player to drop it with method vrc_pickup.drop, the reciver being the object.
    and then I had it teleport back to its start by an empty object.

with the audio and particles you can just setgameobjectactive true and then use a timer to set it to false.
    hopefully this was of some help, i'm not fully sure of everything you are aiming for.

It looks like you're trying for a hockey map, good luck with that.

Attached Files:

#6 BlitzGregor, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018