1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Men, out of curiosity why do you choose female avatars? (discuss)

Discussion in 'VRChat Discussion' started by Chaff836, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Chaff836

Chaff836 New Member

I'm just asking politely as I have no problem with this or anything. I'm just curious.

And I know it's not all men but as so many men are doing it I thought I'd ask: “Why do you choose a female avatars?”

Especially as in the real world most men are paranoid of doing anything that makes them girly.

If you're playing a game where you are looking at your character in the third person, you might want to choose an attractive character to look at. But in Vrchat you don't see yourself that much.

The more answers the better!

stereo likes this.
  2. WanderingYouth

VRChat:
    Mizurahi
    Ok, I remember also talking about this subject when I was Psychology back in college and I believe it to be true. While I don't believe this applies to every male on Earth, it does hold true for a lot of males.

I believe every child at some point before their teenage years gets interested in bodies of the opposite gender out of pure childlike curiosity which why some kids play doctor and such. This curiosity stays with us throughout life while the drive for it changes at each phase of human development. Teenagers no longer are just curious of the opposite gender just because their bodies are different but because puberty drives them to sex. As adults when hormone changes slows down and we're more in control of our sex drives the next step in curiosity would be what it would be like to be in bodies of the opposite gender. It's supposedly the natural and healthy next step in the curiosity of the opposite gender due to men finding a female companion in their life. To better understand and love one important person in your life you need to know what their body goes through.

However human society and civilization throws a monkey wrench in the works saying that it's gay, weak, or weird to think for such things after our teenage years. Almost all men in the past conforms to society and represses this natural curiosity. It is only now with the changes in society, the internet and VR that most men are able to explore what it's "somewhat" like to be a female. For most men it's just the sexual curiosity while others it's the curiosity on how the denizens of a fake or simulated world will react or treat you differently than when you were a male in IRL.

I personally fall on the later.

Mute likes this.
  3. TrickyHeart

TrickyHeart Member

VRChat:
    TrixxedHeart
    I don't have any degree's in Psychology but it's fun to be in the body of the opposite gender I'd guess

4. Abnormal Sloth

VRChat:
    Abnormal Sloth
    For me it's just due to the fact that there are hardly any male MMD models or clothing made for males in MMD. And since MMD is the most popular form of avatar in VRChat, I imagine that would explain it for a lot of other people too.

k0nest likes this.
  5. Endymion

Endymion Member

VRChat:
    Endymion
  6. Kuro Usagi

Kuro Usagi Member

VRChat:
    KuroUsagi
    Cuter = Better

Jakhaxz likes this.
  7. LegacyPanda

LegacyPanda New Member

VRChat:
    ~~
    I agree with Usagi, I just use female avatars to look cute.

k0nest likes this.
  8. Skipple

Skipple Member

VRChat:
    Skipple
    I just think it's funny

9. GREENCAT

GREENCAT Member

VRChat:
    DEADCAT
    I think that female avatars are more interesting, the anime ones atleast. Maybe because I'm attracted to girls and love anime. You know how anime gives you like a connection with these characters and it's cool to seemily become and interact as them. A great thing about VRChat is that you can seemily become things... that you're not and you can expect the majority to accept you regardless. hECK, It's just a game right?

10. BlackWhite

BlackWhite New Member

VRChat:
    BlackWhite
    Because i want to dress my model up and yes it looks cute

GREENCAT likes this.
  11. SynLogic

SynLogic Member

VRChat:
    SynLogic
    Its a combination of being able to look cute, and having way more options in terms of outfits. Especially when it comes to MMDs there are just a lot more modelers focusing on stuff built for female models. Gives more options for being unique.

GREENCAT, Jakhaxz and BlackWhite like this.
  12. Cute Kanna Loli

VRChat:
    Cute Kanna Loli
    Because I want to be beautiful o,..,o

GREENCAT likes this.
  13. potatochobit

potatochobit Member

VRChat:
    potatochobit
    gonna be honest bro
    staring at other dudes all day is not my favorite past time

GREENCAT likes this.
  14. kevin aguilar

kevin aguilar Member

i dont want to look at a guy in a mirror, so i just used female bodies for that reason, too attractive to females is the problem, specially if you have full-body tracking.