1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing Mindgames: Negative thinking patterns & how to beat them [every other week]

Discussion in 'Events' started by Psych, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

Hi everyone! We had a great first meeting of Mind Games, and I've decided to make this a recurring event. If you'd like to join, please fill out the Google form.

https://goo.gl/forms/uFFuPk5XEkP8mfzQ2

Mind Games is about our negative thinkings patterns, and how we can sometimes make ourselves feel worse as we play mind games. The event itself is a skills building experience, where we learn how we can reframe thoughts or change behaviors to affect our situations. It is an educational seminar, and we will review theory to identify potential strategies behind beating mind games. Group discussion will be highly encouraged. Please note - this is meant to be educational, and is not a therapeutic intervention. The event will be held in a private VRchat invite-only room.

#1 Psych, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    ZircronSwift and desunesu like this.
  2. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

This event will be at 6pm CST on Saturday! Please sign up if you'd like to attend

desunesu likes this.
  3. ZircronSwift

ZircronSwift Member

VRChat:
    ZircronSwift
    This event was pretty cool to execute in VR, and it gave a lot of valuable food for thought! Very interesting and helpful : D

Psych likes this.
  4. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

Thanks Zircon!! I think I might make this a repeated event that occurs every other week. I really enjoyed it too, and glad it gave some valuable educational perspective/skills building on how we can beat negative thinking patterns :D

desunesu likes this.