1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

missing ghost textures appearing in the pmx editor

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Destroyer66, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Destroyer66

Destroyer66 New Member

VRChat:
    Blackrider004
    Hi guys! I am a beginner in blender and the pmx editor. Anybody know what a pmx editor is? It is basically a software used to make mmd models. I had this model whose texture appears pink in blender, but when I take a look at it in the materials tab in blender, it is right there. Another weird thing is that when I downloaded the model's zip file, the texture is missing. But when I loaded the model in the pmx editor, the texture is right there in 3d view. I even went in the materials tab of the pmx editor, and the texture is right there too. I am just wondering why is it like this when I am missing the texture in the zip file. I need help because it is really such a pain considering that when I use the cats blender plugin to create an atlas, it didn't because it said the texture is missing. Since cats blender plugin can't make the atlas for me, I used Tupper's manual texture atlasing tutorial, but when I loaded the model and the texture in Unity, the texture doesn't wrap properly around the model. The texture was a mess. Because of this, I don't even know if the texture is really missing or not. Please help.
    By the way, I am using Blender 2.79, not 2.79a or 2.79b.