1. Hello, Guest! This forum is now read-only. Please move to the VRChat Ask Forums. This site may be eventually removed. Move your threads and content! If you wish to archive information, now's the time to do so. https://ask.vrchat.com/

my dudes, who is using windows mixed reality?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by potatochobit, Mar 5, 2018.

1. potatochobit

potatochobit Member

VRChat:
    potatochobit
    I got to say
    I really like my lenovo explorer windows mixed reality

I also got PSVR but I use VRchat alot more than I play anything on PS4 lately
    I have not used a rift or HTC yet

the WMR has been giving me lots of headaches though
    I pretty much had to tear my PC apart and change parts that you wouldnt think necessary
    I had to add a USB 3.0 PCIe card even though my mother board supports USB 3.0 to try and stop some of the drvier crashing
    I also had to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB, Vrchat uses TONS fo memory, no joke

2. HMMurdock

HMMurdock New Member

VRChat:
    HMMurdock
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just got my Lenovo 2 days ago.. had to run to best buy because It didn't like my Etron (microsoft) drivers for USB... and the only SuperSpeed USB's I had were on the font of the case. So adding in that card I had to remove the capture card I was using to get an extra monitor working without getting an HDMI adapter.. So far so good. Although I'm finding it restricting when it comes to the capture of the controllers sometimes. I tried my cousins HTC Vive not long before getting the Lenovo.. Gotta say Vive has better tracking (obviously because outside in) and better lenses. But the Lenovo does give me headaches I didn't notice as much on the vive..

I had yet to experiment with the settings because I know I get headaches when things are strapped on my head long enough.. even headphones do this.. but try going to the settings for windows mixed reality on your PC and change the IPD values.. You can't go too far but it could help.