1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with particle collision force.

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Terallis, May 26, 2019.

1. Terallis

Terallis New Member

VRChat:
    Terallis
    Hey,

So, I'm at the end of my rope on figuring out how to actually do this. What I'm looking to do is create a particle system where the particles themselves cause physics based objects to actually move on collision. I have seen it done through different means in the past, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get it to work at all.

The user I first saw use this doesn't have a mic either, so there was a lot of pantomiming involved as I guessed at how it was done. But even with him trying to be as helpful as possible, I still haven't been able to solve it. Likewise, I haven't been able to find a single avatar on something like vrcmods.com to use as a reference point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this. Thanks.

2. Terallis

Terallis New Member

VRChat:
    Terallis
    I have since figured this out. The particle collision force needs to remain at base 0, but the gesture override itself needs to bring it from 0 up to whatever force you're looking to have on the particles that it activates.