1. Hi! Welcome to VRCat.club. This forum is now obsolete with the release of the official Ask VRChat forums. Please go there instead! Over time, this forum will be set to read only, and eventually removed. Move your threads and content! https://ask.vrchat.com/

New to VR, multiple issues

Discussion in 'Support' started by RealReloadCoded, May 15, 2020.

1. RealReloadCoded

RealReloadCoded New Member

VRChat:
    RealReloadCoded
    After months of troubleshooting and getting Vive-related issues fixed, I can finally play VRChat with the same level of accessibility as my friends, but I'm running into a few issues:

1. My avatar's hands are bent downward at an unnatural angle. All avatars do this, I don't have any of my own. I can fix this by bending my real wrists at an unhealthy angle, but it hurts and I can't use the controllers. SteamVR's "VR View" (that displays when no game is active) shows I'm holding my controllers correctly. Known issue?

2. All avatars constantly change their hand gestures when using the touchpads. I can prevent this by not using the touchpads, but that means I can't move around. Enabling Advanced Controls didn't help. Is there a way to prevent this or make it a lot less sensitive?

3. Avatars with custom animations play them on loop at all times for some reason. There's no way to get it to stop - I had to switch to an avatar with no custom animations. Could this be related to issue #2?

4. I looked at the control sceme for Vive controllers on the VRChat website, and two of the buttons aren't doing what they should:

https://docs.vrchat.com/docs/vive

According to the diagram, pressing Up on the right controller's touchpad should make my avatar jump. This does nothing when I try it. Additionally, it states that the left menu button acts as a microphone toggle button. Not for me - for me it acts as a second menu button. Having a push-to-talk button on the controller is vital to me since a heart condition causes me to breathe heavily at all times, and my mic is REALLY sensitive by design.

5. The image is really blurry. I'm not expecting 1080p levels of clarity, but everything is really pixelated and blurry unless my avatar's face is touching it, and even then it's still quite blurry. Yes, I do know about both the gray rings and the black knob - neither of those reduce the bluriness. It feels like I'm wearing those drunk goggles you see sold in joke stores. I can only find support threads where people are helped because they didn't know about the gray adjustment rings. I didn't either, but they didn't help the blurriness. I just got a replacement HDMI cable, so that's not the issue. I do have bad eyes, but only for things far away from me, and I don't see things pixelated in real life, so that can't be the issue either. Any idea what the problem could be?

2. RealReloadCoded

RealReloadCoded New Member

VRChat:
    RealReloadCoded
    Wow this forum is dead. Both of my posts are still unanswered. I posted my first one months ago.