1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

No Luck Bringing Friends Into VRChat

Discussion in 'General' started by The Reflecting Void, Mar 24, 2018.

1. The Reflecting Void

The Reflecting Void New Member

VRChat:
    TheReflectingVoid
    I wouldn't say I have a lot of close friends but I know a lot of people that I have talked to for years online, some of which I have met in the past. I have had zero luck getting anyone interested in VR or VRChat. Its very discouraging.

Either they don't have a computer that can even run the basic program or they don't have the money to buy a VR headset. I am not expecting people to buy a headset but at least to log into VRChat and see what its like to see someone you know in real life moving around in full body tracking (me).

Has anyone had any luck getting people interested? I wish I had a girlfriend or something that I could explore VRChat with. Would be so nice.

2. Prox in Crisis

VRChat:
    Prox in Crisis
    The thing is at the start I was a freelancer, going around making friends with people by impressing them with my talents or helping out fellow folks with the same passion. Eventually I ended up in a fandom community being that of the warhammer 40k community, many of the members became close to me and I've been having fun with them ever since, I got some friends with who liked the fandom in real life and they subsequently sticked with vr chat ever since I introduced them into it. Due to the possibilities of vr chat many fandoms could have models created and usable in vr chat so that could be your start.

Overall encouraging with people who have similar interests and they'll be more likely to get into vr chat. (PS you can tell them the devs are really pushing it to lower the gap between desktop and vr users too.

3. OwlBoy

OwlBoy Member

VRChat:
    owlboy
    Some people think "What? Like Second Life?" And bounce right off the idea.

4. Mob

Mob New Member

VRChat:
    MobP
    I got one of my friends very interested, none of my other ones though. I explained the concept behind VRChat and now they are somewhat interested in virtual reality

All my other friends have just played once, for funny moments and nothing else so they don't really care about it anymore

5. Jakhaxz

Jakhaxz Member

VRChat:
    Jakhaxz
    I let me housemate use my VR in various other games and it convinced him to buy his own headset.
    I've only managed to get him into VRChat once thought, however I've been bombarding him with tales of my interactions everyday.

He's slowly getting an interest and this weekend said he was wants to start learning how to import models, so he can start playing.

6. Aev

Aev Mister Donut
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Aevroze
    I have a friend with a PC that can run it, and he already owns a Rift. Despite that, he's just not into VRChat. You might want to try showing your friend some interesting/funny clips from Twitch streams or YouTube videos.

7. Renth

Renth New Member

VRChat:
    Renth
    It was hard for me to get into VRChat at first. A friend of mine tried to get me into it for a while. My entrance in was the fact that I could use blender and unity to create unique avatars then show them off to people.

8. Pale

Pale New Member

VRChat:
    PaleWhitePrints
    The way I got into VRChat was being able to rig my own models thatI make at school was a huge plus and a huge instant satisfaction thing. If you want to meet people go to Never Have I Ever, that's how I met a lot of my friends on VRChat.