1. Hi! Welcome to VRCat.club. This forum is now obsolete with the release of the official Ask VRChat forums. Please go there instead! Over time, this forum will be set to read only, and eventually removed. Move your threads and content! https://ask.vrchat.com/

Performance with mirrors significantly worse switching to rift s from WMR

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lillythebear, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Lillythebear

Lillythebear New Member

VRChat:
    Lillythebear
    Hi All,

I have been having this issue for a while now but am not really sure where else to turn too. I used to use a lenovo explorer and had little to no performance issues outside of the typical lag associated in this game.

My HMD broke in the fall so I upgraded to a Rift S (yay more lenovo products lol). But for some reason unlike with WMR, my performance significantly drops when i'm in mirror worlds with lots of people (didn't have this issue before when using WMR). Does this have to do with oculus using more resources? I get the best performance using Steam VR, turning off ASW, and putting CPU priority for the game on High in task manager.

I just find it weird that performance dropped like this switching headsets. Anyone have any insight?

System Specs:

Intel i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz
    16 GB DDR4 Ram
    AMD R9 290 (My card is super old, I'm hoping maybe I can improve performance when upgrading to a GTX 2060 or 2070 Super)
    HDD 7200 RPM