1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Best VRChat Headset?

Discussion in 'VRChat Discussion' started by unr3ality, Mar 2, 2019.

1. unr3ality

unr3ality New Member

Hi there

I'm new to VRChat and looking to upgrade my VR Headset and was wondering what you've all been rocking? Got some ideas from this article - https://aeonreviews.com/best-vr-headset-for-vrchat/ but was wondering what is working best for everyone else? Thanks.

2. lucy john

lucy john New Member

VRChat:
    lucyjohn987
    I am using Oculus Quest headset, I bought it from Reecoupons.com last month, the good thing is this headset is working best for everyone, due to its long-time battery. It doesn't require any other external equipment, just charge it and enjoy. If you wanna buy it or any other must search there I hope you will find.

3. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    They support a ton of headsets if you're on a budget, but the majority of "serious" players are using either HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

Some people have started using the new Valve Index but have started reporting problems with the lighthouses and tracking.

To sum up the differences between Oculus and Vive as I understand it:

Oculus has better controllers. Oculus users will constantly talk about this.
    Vive has better practically everything else (tracking, lighthouses, setup, compatibility, software stability, easy support for FullBody tracking, etc)

I'm on Vive and apparently the new Index controllers work out of the box with the Vive lighthouses/headset. If I had to do it all over again and wasn't worried about money, I'd probably get a Vive and a set of Index controllers (with Vive controllers as a fallback if batteries run out or a controller dies).