1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble uploading custom character

Discussion in 'Support' started by Korlimann, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Korlimann

Korlimann New Member

VRChat:
    Korlimann
    So today I got the email that I'm able to upload custom characters and worlds now, after, according to steam, only 4 hours in, which quite surprised me, since I heard a lot of people saying numbers between 15 to 24 hours of playtime.

So I tried to download some characters to upload them but encountered various problems. For the few characters that actually seemed to work I have a big problem. When I "build & upload" the character, it seems to work. But neither in VRChat nor when I go to "manage uploaded content", it doesn't show up.

What I tried:
    Uploading the characters multiple times, creating new projects for it, re importing the SDK and the characters.
    I also tried logging out and back in using VRChat to ensure I was definitely logged in through VRChat.
    Another solution that should work which I found online was deleting the blueprint-id, but none of those things seemed to work.

I'm a little disappointed that I was able to upload own characters so soon, but now I still can't because it simply won't work.
    I'd be very happy about any help! Thanks a lot and have a great day!