1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with bone structure.

Discussion in 'Support' started by KToe, Nov 30, 2017.

1. KToe

KToe New Member

VRChat:
    Goombo
    So, I'm new to Unity and Blender as a whole and have been trying to educate myself on these software's, but I've run into an annoying problem. When attempting to build and upload my avatar I get the following message in Unity: "spine hierarchy incorrect, make sure that the parent of both shoulders and the neck is the chest[Error]". Now I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing, the structure seems to be fine. Is there something that I should be doing that I'm not? Here's where I'm at currently. https://i.imgur.com/POl49UY.png Thank you in advance! Please help...

2. Hotox

Hotox Member

VRChat:
    Hotox
    You have a lot unnecessary bones in your hierarchy. I would suggest you:
    Be aware that with cats you might get a message that a shoulder is missing. It might work regardless. But tomorrow will probably be a cats update released in which this will be fixed.

3. KToe

KToe New Member

VRChat:
    Goombo
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. Much appreciated! EDIT: After trying to use the program you provided for me it tells me that "mmd_tools" is not installed even though it is...? So I can't use the fix armature. Any solutions? Also, sorry to bother you! Never mind. Fixed it on my own, and successfully uploaded my first avatar! Thank you for your assistance!

#3 KToe, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017