1. Hi! Welcome to VRCat.club. This forum is now obsolete with the release of the official Ask VRChat forums. Please go there instead! Over time, this forum will be set to read only, and eventually removed. Move your threads and content! https://ask.vrchat.com/

Unity crashes when "Optimizing file" starts

Discussion in 'Support' started by RealReloadCoded, Feb 25, 2020.

1. RealReloadCoded

RealReloadCoded New Member

VRChat:
    RealReloadCoded
    I've made a post on Reddit about this, but no one knew anything about my issue. Posting here is the last thing I can think of doing. I'll include the proposed solutions from the Reddit thread to avoid comments with steps I've already taken.

I've been working on a custom home world for a while now, updating it every once in a while with new furniture, a video board, and other things. However, as of recently, this world - and by extension all VRChat custom content - can't be uploaded anymore due to a nasty glitch that happens every time.

Everything is normal in the upload process until it gets to the part where it says "Preparing file for upload (Optimizing file)". As soon as this progress bar appears, Unity crashes and the Bug Reporter appears. Here's some solutions I've tried to no avail:

- Reinstalling the SDK

- Reinstalling Unity

- Remaking the entire world from scratch

- Adding all Unity and VRChat locations into my antivirus's Ignore List

- Disabling my antivirus

- "Turning it off and turning it back on again"

- Using "Build and Test" first

- Updating the VRChat SDK (solution provided by Reddit)

- Overclocking my CPU (solution provided by Reddit)

- Underclocking my CPU (solution provided by Reddit)

Things I refuse to try:

- Reinstalling Windows (getting everything the way I had it will take months that I don't have with my busy schedule)

- Buying a new computer (if I had the money to do that, I would have done that already)

Windows 10 is completely up-to-date, my computer has all the latest drivers for its hardware, according to several Premium Versions of antivirus software, my computer is completely free of viruses, malware, rootkits, worms, trojans, and ransomware.

I should mention that this issue only started happening recently. About a week ago this never happened, then it started happening more, now it happens every single time I try to upload any content. It's permanently broken for me and only me. Does anyone know of anything I haven't tried?

Here's a GIF of what the crash looks like:

I'll gladly provide the Unity project if anyone thinks the problem may be with the world itself.

#1 RealReloadCoded, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. RealReloadCoded

RealReloadCoded New Member

VRChat:
    RealReloadCoded
    Just tried reinstalling Unity again. Still crashing at the same point. I seriously can't be the ONLY VRChat user experiencing this. I refuse to believe that.