1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity wont generate the materials folder

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by Haunter, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Haunter

Haunter New Member

VRChat:
    Haunter
    Hello! :^) I'm new to all of this and decided to give it a shot using the tutorial i found here from this website.

By Tupper

I finished everything, created the texture folder and added my texture image in it, went back and finally as the tutorial said, placed my fbx file (Avatar) into unity, the tutorial says that Unity will create a Materials folder on its own with the texture ball inside, however that's not what's happening for me, for some reason it makes no Materials folder at all, and puts the texture ball right here where i can't change it or anything, and i need to edit it to be able to see the texture cuz it's transparent :^(

[​IMG]

First time i made it i thought i did something wrong, so i did it all again and made sure everything i did was exactly the same as the tutorial said, and even then despite following it perfectly, it still did this...
    I'm really frustrated, tried to google this but with no luck, which is why i'm here now, i'd truly appreciate it if anyone could explain what i'm doing wrong or what i've forgot to do, Thank you for your time!

2. McWash

McWash New Member

VRChat:
    McWash
    I'm have the exact same issue, Are you using cats tools in blender, i haven't run one through yet to test without it yet. I'm wondering if the fix character or combine textures features are possibly getting in the way somehow

3. Shenanigan

Shenanigan Member

What I would do is create a Materials folder before you move the model in, and put the texture files in there. That way the model's material ball already has a place to go.

4. MoonKit

MoonKit Member

I'm having the same issue. I did make a materials folder to try and see if it would make a ball but it did not. It still has the same results as the above creator.

5. ultimabear

ultimabear Member

VRChat:
    flyingfunk
    I think relative texture path in fbx must be the same as in unity, also there is a chance material just doesn't get included to fbx (check export settings). Anyway you can create and set materials from scratch in unity, it's not that hard

Hickory likes this.
  6. DreamCat

DreamCat New Member

VRChat:
    DreamCat
    I still have this problem and no idea how to fix it.
    Please help me, my character looks f*cked up without the Materials.

7. The6thAngel

The6thAngel New Member

VRChat:
    The6thAngel
    My suggestion would be to have an overall folder for your model. Import that one folder with your textures and fbx in it. That is how I normally import all of my stuff and it tends to work fairly well.