1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Videos not working in worlds

Discussion in 'Support' started by DynamicNate, Jan 21, 2018.

1. DynamicNate

DynamicNate New Member

VRChat:
    Dynamicn8
    I have discovered that in any world with video screens in it, like the help videos world, the videos will not work and it will just be a white screen.

(video screens that can include avatars work fine though for some reason)

Is there any way to fix this? or is this a problem that everyone else is experiencing?

Attached Files:

2. CraigItsFryday

CraigItsFryday New Member

VRChat:
    CraigItsFryday
    I can see the video help worlds. I've been experimenting with the VideoSync prefab in my own world. I cannot link to Vimeo videos for some reason, but the Youtube links are showing up. The Vimeo links just show white for me. Maybe that has something to do with what your seeing?

3. Codybean1

Codybean1 New Member

I've been having the same issue and its been bothering me to no end. So apparently from talking to others, a second program is supposed to open alongside VRchat when a video is being played, and it shows up in Task Manager? Having this issue is so frustrating because I don't actually know what I need to do to fix it. I know there's a youtube-dl.exe in the game files, but something I guess is interfering with it?

4. Codybean1

Codybean1 New Member

I asked support about this in an email, and it's a known issue with a workaround:

Exit VRChat.
    Press your Windows Key + R and type "certmgr.msc" into the window. Press ok. You can also type this into the Windows search bar.
    Go to Menu, then Action, then Find Certificates.
    In the "Contains" field, type "google".
    In the "Look in fields:" field, choose "issued to".
    Click "Find Now".
    Select all the expired certificates.
    Right click and choose "Delete".

5. BlackWhite

BlackWhite New Member

VRChat:
    BlackWhite
    tried that, it's empty. No google certificate found