1. Hello, Guest! This forum is now read-only. Please move to the VRChat Ask Forums. This site may be eventually removed. Move your threads and content! If you wish to archive information, now's the time to do so. https://ask.vrchat.com/

VR Chat and Locallow

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wyvern0013, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Wyvern0013

Wyvern0013 New Member

VRChat:
    Wyvern0013
    Not really sure if this fits here, but nonetheless, in users >>> appdata >>> locallow vrc takes up nearly 40gigs for me, is that normal?

2. Saintrl

Saintrl Member

VRChat:
    Saintrl
    That is where the cache for VRChat is stored. So every world you've ever been to, every avatar you've ever seen, they're all cached there so that it loads a lot faster rather than having to download the entire thing again. Since these are all 3d-models, and if you've been around extensively on VRChat, it isn't surprising at all that you have a lot of stuff cached. I think I've heard of people who have over 100gb cached before they got around to clearing it to boost performance.

desunesu likes this.
  3. MAR

MAR Member

What I did was move that specific folder to another place,drive, with more storage by making use of so called symbolic link. It basically makes your operation system thinks the folder is still there, but will eventually point to the relocated position. I have multiple partitions on my computer system, and like this I have quick access to the folder to wipe it if I see fit.