1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Worlds VRChat Customizable Fixed Chair

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tools' started by Splinks, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Splinks

Splinks Member

VRChat:
    Splinks
    VRChat Chairs with proper height fixes for small and tall avatars that also allows you to customize the sitting pose, emotes, and right/ left-hand gestures thought an override controller.

Things to have imported before using
    1. VRCHAT VRCSDK

How to Use Prefab
    1. Extract the Prefab Folder and Meta file into the ASSETS folder
    2. Drag the 'Fixed_Seat' Prefab into the scene
    3. Place a chair mesh INTO the Fixed_Seat Object in the scene and position the cushion to match the 'Seat_Square'
    4. Delete/Hide Seat_Square
    3. Ta Da

How to Use Override Controller
    1. Click Fixed_Seat Override Controller in the root of the Custom Chair folder.
    2. Place Anim file of your desires over the animation you wish to perish.
    3. Have a cupcake for your hard work

Extra Goodies
    1. There are extra animations for emotes located in the animation folder for those not happy with the ones already applied
    2. A list of 66 'Interaction Text' Suggestions to use for your seat to mix it up a little
    3. Seats have height adjustment that will raise the seat and add a book under your butt.

Credits
    Splinks - For doing all the things

Rules
    If you find this prefab helpful in any way all I ask is just a simple credit somewhere or a "thanks buddy" message to Splinks#0325 over at Discord.

Or if for some reason you feel like helping me become a VR user and not a desktop user I have a paypal. paypal.me/splinks

Download Links:
    1. https://github.com/splinks/VRChat-Customizable-Fixed-Chair
    2. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../VRCHAT_Customizable_Fixed_Seats.unitypackage

#1 Splinks, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Eremite, VectorSix and Mr.Crane like this.
  2. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al New Member

VRChat:
    Ar7ific1al
    I don't understand your instructions. I recommend adding to the video (or a separate video, or just screenshot(s)) an example in-editor to see how you're setting it up.
    Specifically, I don't understand #3 in "how to use the prefab." What "cushion" are you speaking of? Do you mean position the mesh relative to the "seat square"?

3. VectorSix

VectorSix New Member

VRChat:
    VectorSix
    Great post! Thank you ;)

4. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al New Member

VRChat:
    Ar7ific1al
    I figured it out. I adjusted the position (and rotation) of the chair's components once I nested my mesh in the chair prefab.
    These are far cry better than the default VRC chairs. They automatically adjust for small avatars so they aren't sunken into it. It's amazing. VR Chat devs should pay you to incorporate this into the game. ;)

5. Splinks

Splinks Member

VRChat:
    Splinks
    Anytime glad you enjoy it.

Sorry about the late reply. By cushion I meant match up with the blue cube's top with the cushion of your chair