1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

VRchat in the classroom

Discussion in 'General' started by discountviscount, Mar 21, 2018.

1. discountviscount

discountviscount New Member

I'm working on an ambitious grant project to link up colleges via VRchat and was hoping to get some ideas about some good worlds to utilize or just general ideas. I'm new to exploring, and The Presentation room with it's markers and whiteboards and neutral atmosphere is a great starting point. But what are some other worlds to visit with classroom or educational qualities? I recall Second Life boasting a model of Berlin and the Parthenon, as well as virtual college campuses, and surely VRchat can compete. Otherwise, what are some good, interesting environments to hang out in and host a class? If anyone has any comments, questions, or advice about hosting a virtual classroom in VRchat, feel free to say.

2. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

Hello! I'd love to talk more - at my university I'm part of a digital learning fellowship, and we're exploring the possibility of hosting an academic conference in VRChat. Would be cool to collaborate!