1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

What are some of your favorite worlds?

Discussion in 'General' started by Psych, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Psych

Psych Resident Nerd
    Forum Staff

I always love discovering new worlds! What are some of your favorites, and why?

For me:

Where Spheres Touch - an abstract/trippy world that is very calming. Each sphere has a song composed by Artist3d that is really cool and has a unique vibe to it. There’s also a cool area to meditate with a universe that expands/shrinks

X1 Seis (this isn’t full name but what I have written down) - this world has great graphics, and portals to teleport around to different areas. Feels kind of like a futuristic version of the Jetsons

SAO Town of beginnings - love this, a huge town that you can explore and feels immersive

Neon Night Room - this room is unique because of the visuals...it just has a completely different type of feel, which is impressive

Penthouse Night - great place that seems super realistic...if I ever had a pent house I’d want it to be designed like this

Great Pug - no need to explain why this is epic!

desunesu likes this.
  2. Tupper

Tupper The Strongest
    Forum Staff

VRChat:
    Tupper
    Old Hub - No matter what, this place will hold nostalgia for a long time. Not the prettiest or the most functional, but I like it a lot.

Presentation Room - Same as above, I've spent a huge amount of time in the presentation room

Club Proximity - Simple, good size, good music, low-impact visuals that still look great. Functional and aesthetic.

Penthouse Night - Same reasons as Psych, this place is gorgeous. If I was rich, then I'd want to live here

Winter Home - Actually I take it back. THIS is where I wanna live.

desunesu likes this.
  3. Eret

Eret New Member

VRChat:
    Eret
    The Great Pug - Always full of people, has several different areas that allow lots to happen without interfering with each other

Grass Lands (can't remember exact name) - Great if you want to go somewhere with loads of space and relatively quiet

X1 Seisoken City - Just a beautiful map, sort of like a de facto hub for some people

Where Spheres Touch II - I love the trippy aesthetic of this map, always has me in between "Woah that was cool!" and "Woah that was weird!"

SAO Town of Beginnings - A well made maps with a ton of detail. Has a lot more to it than it may first appear which is part of what makes it great!

The New Hub - Lots of really cool features and functionality that makes it quite a lot of fun to mess about in.

desunesu likes this.
  4. GREENCAT

GREENCAT Member

VRChat:
    DEADCAT
    My favourite world has got to be Star Observatory. The beginning is a little bland but the end is a real treat. The music there is chill and I like climbing the telescope eye and pipe parts with my friends. If I'm correct the map originates from a zelda game.

desunesu likes this.
  5. Chikosei

Chikosei Member

VRChat:
    Chikosei
    Nier:Automata Flowers - Now is my favorite world because the flowers atmosphere and simple beauty of it creates the best world for me to relax and sit in, there isn't a lot in it which makes it great! just a few places to sit down but overall the place is such a beautiful cave with things in it. (This world is actually making me inspired to create a nier:automata world now)

Great PUG- Get some small girls even going into the bar, that is something you don't always see so of course its the greatest

Above all even with these worlds that i pick as favorite there are still really good worlds out there that should even be seen ^-^

#5 Chikosei, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    desunesu likes this.
  6. four

four Member

VRChat:
    Quatro
    Cafe LeBlanc - I've only just joined this game but this is where I've met a lot of cool people. Really chill place.

Great PUG - This is where I met my first friend. Yesterday. I love being a bartender sometimes.

Sled World (Can't remember actual name) - Lots of throwing and laughing going on. Love the atmosphere.

Presentation Room - Hilarious videos made in this room. Drawing is super awesome.

I'm sure I'll find more, but I love these ones a lot.

desunesu likes this.
  7. ZircronSwift

ZircronSwift Member

VRChat:
    ZircronSwift
    >A few of the Beeple rooms created recently, like BEAM and Gemstone. Love the abstract settings.

>"Grass" is a super chill world that has been nice to relax in from time to time.

>Any of the .hack worlds. Those are awesome! Love the music and atmosphere.

>The Great Pug. By far the most polished room.

I'm sure there are others but there are other awesome worlds out there.

desunesu likes this.
  8. Eloderung

Eloderung Member

VRChat:
    Eloderung
    Entrancing Darkness - super simple room but I love the lighting, and it inspired me to make The Fire Tornado. (Same concept, just with a much bigger "candle")
    Sled Hill -- because we can't yet pick up other avatars :(
    Chan-land -- favorite avatar room!
    Police Station--cool environment/area.
    Charlie's Treehouse--lots of cool areas.
    Lighted Terrace--small but neat little hangout.

desunesu likes this.
  9. Itsuki Kitamura

VRChat:
    Itsuki Kitamura
    Trap-Chan's Avatar Mall definitely for me in terms of avatar rooms, thanks to the Zabivaka avatar there becoming my go-to.

Otherwise, Great Pug, Presentation Room, and both day and night variants of Penthouse are also up there, since they're where most of my favorite shenanigans I've gotten involved in happened. Cafe LeBlanc also sort of; usually whenever I go there one or more people are throwing the boxes and stuff around and it's fun to watch the madness ensue.

desunesu likes this.
  10. Unyuho

Unyuho Member

VRChat:
    Unyuho
    I really like all the Avatar Rooms, because i have seen really great models and really weird ones.
    The Great Pug is now one of my favorites, not only good for hanging out but it transforms one of my Shaders, i applied to my Uniform, into a Flashlight.
    The Amusement Parks are great, if you want a really good experience of how-to-barf lol
    The Presentation Room for all the silly drawings you can make.
    And my current favorite: Club Mechatronix, really good music with great stuff to enhance your dance experience.

And we do not speak about Uganda.

11. Ritsu

Ritsu New Member

VRChat:
    Ritsu3021
    SAO worlds are very well worked, Town of Beginners is... empty tho.

Basically I really enjoy mini-games worlds, specially those that are quite hard however none of these yet have given a decent reward (e.g a pretty rare avatar)

Then the roleplay ones, so far I haven't had luck with those, maybe need to find a circle.

The unforgettable ones are Pug and LeBlanc, made my first friends there.

12. WanderingYouth

VRChat:
    Mizurahi
    I wish there was a better way to search and filter out worlds. It's a pain in the butt to just keep scrolling down the list. They need to also add a favorites list or something.

The ones I really like and enjoy so far are as follows:

~Migero's World (aka Iris-ai photo shoot studio) - With the recent updates I am having a blast using the in-map dolls and doing real modeling with them for photo shoots. The way you can just manipulate the 3D avatar models in real time in VR makes it so much easier than through traditional mouse and keyboard. I wish the author would find a better solution for saving screenshots as the current looks very low quality.

~Blooming Square - I recently found this map, it's a rather small map and there is not much to do. I, however found the ruins to be beautiful and the BGM is rather nice...for awhile.

~Mimi's Avatar Test World - I usually go to either this map or Migero's World to view and test out new avatars I made. It has the dual cameras which I use often to thoroughly see every angle of my avatar in every range of motion to make sure my avatar doesn't have any major tears or defectives on the meshes. I really love messing with the video and photo cameras in that map. I'm in the process of researching and trying to make my very own selfie cam that can somehow take a high quality screenshot/picture and having it appear out of my avatars hand like a big poster.

~Nier:Automata Flowers - I often come here to just chill and stare at the scenery. It's very relaxing and I like the BGM playing in the background. This map and Blooming Square are maps which I find to be beautiful, but I'm always wishing there was more to do on those maps.

~Galaxy Club - I have never danced much IR, but there's just something about VR Chat that makes me want to dance when I'm in one of the club worlds. There's just way too many dance club maps and with a crappy search function I haven't really found a good map yet. Galaxy Club is the one so far that I like because it's got a mirror on the dance floor and it has EDM Swing music which I like to listen to.