1. Hi! Welcome to VRCat.club. This forum is now obsolete with the release of the official Ask VRChat forums. Please go there instead! Over time, this forum will be set to read only, and eventually removed. Move your threads and content! https://ask.vrchat.com/

Where to find resource website for animations for unity (animclips) for avatar eg. idle,frontwalk

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by chankean, Jan 27, 2018.

1. chankean

chankean Member

In unity when i use animator overide controller the one with the list of like emotes and idles where u can put in animation clips
    Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    If I want my avatar to walk differently or I want to have a different emote. Is there any website that where I can download animation clips for emotes,walking,idle,etc that will work with the VR avatar?

I tried the unity asset store but all I could find were animation controllers which I cannot put into the overide controller. An example are these idle anims like I thot they were animation clip files so I wasted $1
    Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg
    So is there a way to change an animation controller into an animation clip or is there a website that has animation clips to download?

My character also does not have eye tracking and blinking in vr chat even tho I have done all the essentials (create eye tacking)(test eyetracking)(riggbones) for now i have made an animation(animclip) to show blinking and I looped the animation.

So Im wondering whether its because I am playing on desktop mode, and so eye tracking and blinking does not work? (only on VR headset & controller than it works?) because everyone so far that i hav seen play on desktop mode do not hav eye tracking. Or are my eyes just broken

Hope u hav a solution
    thank you:)

2. Meowski

Meowski New Member

VRChat:
    Meowski
    Eye tracking seems to be broken for everyone in this update. Extremely disappointing and I hope they fix it soon. I've seen one or two who managed to fix their eye tracking but I wasn't able to find out how they did it, it's pretty much screwed for everyone.

3. chankean

chankean Member

thank you ;)

4. Yinz

Yinz Member

VRChat:
    Yinz
    Mixamo is a good place to look for animations. You will want to upload your character by clicking "upload character" and selecting the FBX file that was exported from blender (if the site says your rig couldn't be processed then you're out of luck, unless you want to remake your avatar with a Mixamo friendly rig, which is the case for my current avatar rig :().

Note that uploading your character is a necessary process. The animations will not work with your character unless you upload it to the website and the website adjusts its animations to work with your avatar's custom rig.

After this you can select the animation you want and adjust the properties of the animation to achieve the desired effect. After you have an animation that works for you, pressing download will bring up some options
    [​IMG]

Format should be FBX for Unity and Frames per Second should be 60 (most VR headsets run at 90 Frames per Second which means the animation may look a little choppy to VR users, which unfortunately can't be fixed very easily as 60 is the highest Mixamo will go), Skin should also be set to "Without Skin" to make downloading the file faster. After downloading the FBX file, placing it into unity will give you an object with the animation you downloaded as an animation clip, which can be used in animation overrides

chankean likes this.
  5. chankean

chankean Member

Thank you since u dont have any likes yet ill giv u one @Yinz

6. chankean

chankean Member

Sry you put this picture here I think

Does this mean your eye tracking is working, earlier someone said its because of the game

If yours is working would u know a way to fix eye tracking again I would be very happy ;)

[​IMG]

7. Yinz

Yinz Member

VRChat:
    Yinz
    As of now, my eye tracking is broken and I don't want to bother using a hacky alternative to fix it as I assume the VRChat team will fix the issue very soon.
    The picture in the signature is my avatar's picture in VRChat made by manipulating blend shapes in the avatar before uploading to VRChat

#7 Yinz, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  8. MAR

MAR Member

As of last patch for vrchat, it is clearly stated that the eye tracking is broken in this version, and is not directly involved with any avatar.
    It will be resolved in the next patch. If eye tracking does work for some, it might be a VRCSDK bug, or an unintended feature as a result of the bug causing the tracking to stop functioning to begin with.

Never try to hack anything because it almost certainly violates the terms of service and can get you banned if discovered. Even if that will not be the case, the chance of breaking your own avatar is significantly higher when changing something causing undefined behavior.

I hope that helps ^- ^!

PS: discord announcements of vrchat always tell you what the main fixes or problems are in vrchat. You can also open the changelogs that are published at many places which I can't remember where at the top of my head.

9. Yinz

Yinz Member

VRChat:
    Yinz
    By "hacky" I meant a workaround that is very unconventional and would most likely be broken in the future, not actual hacking (sorry for the misunderstanding)

10. chankean

chankean Member

Thank you you can delete the thread if u want

11. GothGirlMicaela

GothGirlMicaela New Member

VRChat:
    GothGirlMicaela
    When I added the downloaded idle to my Unity and used my avatar for a preview it's positioned weirdly. How do I fix this? https://gyazo.com/504526f8f614623efb871230916bbdbd