1. Welcome to VRCat! Please note that this message board is not related to VRChat in any official manner. It is run entirely by the community, and moderated by the community. Any content present has not been reviewed by VRChat moderators or staff. Your use of these forums implies understanding of this message. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

World anim/prop | fixed position

Discussion in 'Avatars' started by NorVoid, Dec 17, 2018.

1. NorVoid

NorVoid New Member

VRChat:
    SlixFaz
    So, recently i came a across a model which had a scythe. However, there was an animation for the scythe, in which when you they activated it the scythe would slam into the ground and stay there allowing for the player to run around while its still there in that position.

Any who, i was wondering how to achieve this animation? All i know is that it has something to do with fixed joints and what not.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

2. Eremite

Eremite Member

VRChat:
    Eremite
    Currently broken AFAIK; You used to be able to do it by adding a Fixed Joint to a model and setting the Break and Torque force to Infinity, then leaving the Connected Body empty.

You could probably spawn a global mesh particle and disable the object in your hand with a gesture override to get a similar effect. It'd take some tweaking to get positioning right.