1. Hi! Welcome to VRCat.club. This forum is now obsolete with the release of the official Ask VRChat forums. Please go there instead! Over time, this forum will be set to read only, and eventually removed. Move your threads and content! https://ask.vrchat.com/

"Your connection to VRChat timed out."

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kryliph, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Kryliph

Kryliph New Member

VRChat:
    Kryliph
    Every time I open VRChat I load for a few seconds like usual and then get greeted with "Your connection to VRChat has timed out." and the only options are for me to press "Okay" and load again with the same result or alt f4 out of the game. I've tried all the classic stuff; restarting the game, verifying files, uninstalling and re installing. Nothing works, and apparently nobody else anywhere is having this issue.

: Screenshot of what I get when I open VRChat

Attached Files:

2. Kryliph

Kryliph New Member

VRChat:
    Kryliph
    Never mind it fixed it's self overnight somehow

3. DarkesT

DarkesT New Member

I got VRChat yesterday and I've been having similar issues every time I try to play. I'll go into the game, it'll seem fine for a bit, then buttons and menu options will stop working and it'll time me out. After that, it's just a repeat cycle. Funny to think they haven't tried to fix it after about 4 years.

4. xBlackrid

xBlackrid New Member

The exact same thing happened to me. Try using a vpn next time you log in, it’ll fix it! :) Though it MIGHT make your connection more slow, but oh well.